State Treasurer's Office Vault State Treasurer's Office Statue

Governor's Scholarship Programs

Governor's Scholarship Programs (GSP) awards were granted to students who earned qualifying scores on exams. It's now possible to gain sought-after IT skills through online courses. Eligible students received an award notification letter each year they were eligible to claim an award and had five years to claim the award. All unclaimed awards have now expired and can no longer be claimed. However, previously claimed GSP awards can be used until a recipientís 30th birthday.

Students who have remaining GSP award funds may request a withdrawal of their funds to pay qualified education expenses at an eligible educational institution. Funds not used by a recipientís 30th birthday will be forfeited to the State of California.

Students who have remaining GSP award funds can use the forms listed below.

Form Use
Qualified Withdrawal Form To send payment directly to an eligible educational institution for qualified higher education expenses. See Using Your Funds to learn about eligible institutions and qualified expenses.
Account Services Form To update or correct your name, address, or social security number. 
Forfeiture of Funds Form To notify GSP that you will not use funds in your Scholarship Account for any reason.